Friday, March 4, 2011

Random Time

 I started my day off this morning by writing a letter to my friend Shelley who lives in Calgary after our phone conversations about lack of getting letters in the mail.  It is a great way to start of the day and oh so more satisfying then a virtual email. 
this is a clock I picked up that keeps it's own time, it works when it wants and decides what time it is randomly. I like it and I think it is a keeper for my playful studio.  It is fun to see if the hands decide to move or not, another art piece for sure.
I have added a cedar plank to the bottom of the wall to hide the unfinished drywall, the more exposed wood the better I say. As well I am putting up planks of unfinished wood to frame all the artwork that acts as inspiration. 
 I put up 2 pieces of unfinished wood and added a couple of branches, the right side is a wee bit crooked it looks like but that makes it all the more treelike. 
 Now to untangle the wire to stretch across the trees to hang art.
 and viola, the wire is up and ready for art. My goal is to keep myself from plastering the wall which starts to clutter the space... take a look at day one to see what I mean.
 I am sanding the wood by hand to clean it up and bring out the grain. I love this part it makes me realize the amazing beauty of wood.  Reminds me of a hilarious episode on Curb you enthusiasm "I respect wood"

No comments:

Post a Comment