Monday, March 7, 2011

Down to only One rack of costumes!

Ok, you have to imagine something. When I first moved over from Vancouver with my husband Chad 4 years ago I brought my Costume film kit, a very small by most costume designers standards,, but it filled, and I mean filled this space. Now... I am down to one rack of costumes and what a rack it is....
 I wanted a wall unit that I could move around so I attached reclaimed boards to the vertical poles and then attached a board across the top.  It houses the few hats I have left just nicely.
 I put a small shelf on both ends to display my funky Chinese shoes given to by a friend ages ago, a real sculpture piece.
 I attached the boards by using pipe strapping, I needed a few screws to hold it together as the ends wanted to slide down so every time I looked at it, one end was lower then the other. 
I used the bracket piece of an old table that I kept for just these purposes.  I screwed in the bracket then made sure the shelf board wouldn't move by screwing through the board on the other side.  Nice effect.

No comments:

Post a Comment