Saturday, March 5, 2011

Avoiding 7 years of bad luck!

 Have you ever broken a mirror? There is a popular saying that this will bring you 7 years of bad luck (I googled on line but wanted to save you the advertisement adds) basically the mirror is a reflection of the soul so breaking a mirror was breaking your soul Break mirror = broken soul = 7 years badness.
so when this mirror was broken during an installation and moving of that installation, I gasped. But luckily I am very creative person....
 I found an off cut board that was bigger then the mirror and traced the outside of the mirror. I then drilled holes along the line on the outside of the board, about 2 inches apart.
 It was important that the wood was an interesting shape and texture which I sanded down to bring out the grain. Each line represents a year in growth...never ceases to amaze me.
 I then took some wire and started weaving the mirror onto the board, crossing the wires together to make it tight and interesting looking.
Voila, a lovely piece of art and dodging out of bad luck's way.  Although I still have the other piece of mirror to fix. stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment