Friday, April 1, 2011

Cleaning up the mess for my first studio gathering

Ok....3 months have gone by and now I have to put away the tools and supplies...but where to put them? I will just have to build something.  


This shelf use to be affixed over our very old washer and dryer, so when we finally got new efficient machines we had to pull it down for the space. I knew I could turn it into something.  This is the before picture...

Here is a picture of the finished unit....
I put the unit on it's side and added shelves; it has casters on the bottom so I can move it around my studio and I used up the cedar lattice siding for the door and back. The piece of wood in the middle where the handle is from an old chair I picked up. 

The inside shelves are made of scrap wood, some that where found on the beach. 
I added some detailing using pieces from old handles, an interesting effect. 

I have put away all my tools and pieces of creative inspiration (for the moment) in time for a gathering with my lovely female friends & clothing swap.  The studio is soon ready for guests.
 I made another creative mirror using what was left of the broken mirror with antique hinges and drift wood.  I could keep going but time is ticking....

No comments:

Post a Comment